- December 14, 2022
- Posted by: Nikhil Sharma
- Category: Blog
Dubai is one of the most preferred overseas locations by Indian citizens for job opportunities and travel. NRIs become Indian citizens when they shift to Dubai, according to the income tax act, this is necessary for them to secure an NRI bank account opening in Dubai for banking transactions in India. Several Indian banks run in Dubai through their branches, representative offices, or subsidiaries. NRI account opening in the emirate is a smooth and easy procedure.
NRI Account Opening in Dubai
Banks give both NRI account opening offline and online aptitudes. Although, the procedure can barely differ from bank to bank and account to account. Here is a list of common moves to open the best bank account in the UAE.
Make A Call
Chat with us
- Go to the bank’s official website and visit the online page to open an NRI bank account.
- Select between NRO and NRE accounts according to your usefulness.
- Open a form for an NRI bank account opening. For this, you have to fill NRI account opening form on the website of the bank.
- Fill in your private information such as your name, address in India, and current nation of residence.
- After finishing the personal information, fill in the additional information.
- In case you wish to add a joint holder, give the information of the joint applicant.
- Upload the needed photos and documents in the provided format.
- Download your presented NRI account opening form.
- In case you’re not able to check the branch of the bank in the emirate, the application and papers have to be attested by the foreign office of the bank, the Indian embassy, and the notary public.
- Write a demand draft/check-in bank’s favor.
- Courier the papers to the bank to open a bank account.
Required Documents for NRI Bank Account Opening in Dubai
While the paperwork can differ from bank to bank, here is the list of standard NRI account opening papers –
- Copy of legal documents that comprise vital information comprising your name, D.O.B, address, date of issue, photo, date of expiry, signature, and statement page.
- One paper that has either a foreign or Indian address. The address on the paper should match that in the account opening form.
- NRI position evidence through a legal residence visa photocopy or work permit.
- Proof of address in India and abroad.
- Copy of Indian PAN card or form 60.
- Current passport-size colored photo.
Having a bank account in UAE is an asset. Opening a bank account in this emirate can be tedious in case you do not hold access to the appropriate procedure and providers.
Open NRI Bank Account in UAE with the Best Banks
Most Indian banks give NRI account services. Here is a fast guide to opening a bank account in UAE as an NRI.
State Bank of India gives NRO and NRE banking services to NRIs residing abroad. SBI has an international application portal for NRI citizens who are bank customers that are implying from foreign, but this is suggested to go to a regional SBI branch in case you’re new.
SBI in this emirate can give expedited NRI account opening, but contact the domestic SBI branch prior to taking moves to apply.
- HDFC Bank
HDFC has NRI bank accounts and ample other services obtainable for NRI citizens. You can open a bank account in person in the HDFC bank prior to leaving for the Emirates, or secure it online. In case you’re opening a bank account as an existing HDFC customer, you would just be needed to self-attest papers.
Although, new HDFC customers would require to get attestations from the designated authority. NRI citizens in the emirate are able to open an NRE bank account and receive a connected global debit card that permits shopping and travel internationally.
- ICICI Bank
ICICI is a famous choice for NRI services and has a procedure that can be begun online. In maximum terms, an ICICI representative would call or email you to assist and explain the process.
ICICI gives two working days to open a bank account process for clients in the US. ICICI has a representative office in Dubai, but not all transactions can go ahead from the office.
DBS gives DBS Treasures NRI accounts for major clients. The bank gives an array of NRI premier services, comprising NRE and NRO accounts. DBS permits initiating an application online and then being contacted by a DBS representative to accomplish the moves.
You would be asked to remember your selected DBS branch in India. The DBS Treasures permits a fully remote bank account opening facility and doesn’t need to go to a branch.
- Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda has bank accounts, acquisitions, and loans for NRI citizens. To a bank account opening in Dubai. Bank of Baroda has an application form on their official website which is even obtainable at a domestic branch in India.
Bank of Baroda needs that the application and papers have a signature and attestation from a designated authority, and would require to be presented to the Branch of Bank of Baroda.
- Yes Bank
Yes Bank has NRI bank accounts, deposits, loans, and acquisition choices. To secure a bank account opening you can visit the regional Yes Bank in India or present an application form online with your contact number for a representative to access you. Yes Bank has its remittance service known as Yes Remit to aid send money internationally.